Letter From The Principal
Welcome to Centennial, A School for Expeditionary Learning!
I am very excited to share with you all the amazing things we have in store for Centennial this year, and for many years to come.
Expeditionary Learning is a researched based technique, proven to support active engagement of students with one another and the world around them. Many schools across the U.S. implementing this model are outperforming their districts and states—despite, in some cases, having poverty levels around 90%. The EL model nurtures critical thinking, employs inquiry and real-life problem solving, sets high social and academic expectations, encourages perseverance, and utilizes opportunities which support cooperation and trust. EL schools are exemplary, and are in high demand. Centennial is very proud to say that we are the first neighborhood school in DPS to implement the EL model!
Here are some of the other great things we have to support the achievement of all our students and make Centennial the best learning environment it can be.
• Centennial has four full-time Electives teachers: Art, Music, PE and Spanish. Students in grades ECE-8 have access these four elective programs.
• Centennial has partnered with Metro Volunteers to implement a School Service Program, a community volunteerism program.
• We continue to build school-wide structures to support students and teachers with our Positive Behavior Intervention Support (PBIS) program.
• Centennial offers before/after school programs to students in grades K-8 through a 21st Century Grant.
We are truly excited that you have chosen to become part of the Centennial community.
Events on December 12, 2013
Events on December 16, 2013
Events on December 17, 2013
Events on December 23, 2013
- Events on December 12, 2013
- Winter Arts PerformanceLocation: CentennialDescription: Please join us...
-K,1,& 2 will be singing winter and expedition songs
-3,4, &5 will be singing as a group in Spanish
-Artwork from all grades will be displayed throughout the halls.
Please have all students wear their Centennial shirts and report to the classrooms between 5:00 and 5:15
3-#121 and #119
Refreshments will be served afterwards.
- Events on December 16, 2013
- School Choice Enrollment Packets available at Centennial office.Location: Centennial office.
- Events on December 17, 2013
- PTA meetingLocation: Art Room #129Description: We welcome you to attend our PTA meetings once a month. We meet the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 6:30pm at the school. The purpose of our meetings is to hear school news from our principal, update everyone on the happenings of the school, plan fundraising and other events, and discuss other pertinent topics related to the community and Centennial.
- Events on December 23, 2013
- Vacation- No Classes