Letter From The Principal
Welcome to Centennial - A School for Expeditionary Learning!
I am very excited to share with you all the amazing things we have in store for Centennial this year, and for many years to come.
Expeditionary Learning is a researched based technique, proven to support active engagement of students with one another and the world around them. Many schools across the U.S. implementing this model are outperforming their districts and states—despite, in some cases, having poverty levels around 90%. The EL model nurtures critical thinking, employs inquiry and real-life problem solving, sets high social and academic expectations, encourages perseverance, and utilizes opportunities which support cooperation and trust. EL schools are exemplary, and are in high demand. Centennial is very proud to say that we are the first neighborhood school in DPS to implement the EL model!
Here are some of the other great things we have to support the achievement of all our students and make Centennial the best learning environment it can be.
• Centennial has four full-time Electives teachers: Art, Music, PE and Spanish. Students in grades ECE-8 have access these four elective programs.
• Centennial has partnered with Metro Volunteers to implement a School Service Program, a community volunteerism program.
• We continue to build school-wide structures to support students and teachers with our Positive Behavior Intervention Support (PBIS) program.
• Centennial offers before/after school programs to students in grades K-8 through a 21st Century Grant.
We are truly excited that you have chosen to become part of the Centennial community.
Events on April 23, 2014
Events on April 26, 2014
- Events on April 23, 2014
- Skate CityLocation: Skate CityDescription: cost $4.50 + $1.50 skate rental
Students 2nd-8th grade can ride free bus departing from Centennial at 3:15 and returning 5:45pm.
- Events on April 26, 2014
- Totally Tennyson 2014Location: Tennyson St, Denver, CO, United StatesDescription: a 1980's themed fundraiser benefiting the Centennial PTA
- Events on May 2, 2014
- A Taste of Mexico at CentennialLocation: CentennialDescription: Join us for a fun family night, enjoy a taste of Mexican food, mingle with other parents and watch the wonderful Mexican dance performers from Baila Conmigo.
RSVP with Roselle @ 720-424-8919 no later than April 22nd.
- Events on May 3, 2014
- Mile High 5Location: Sloans Lake Park, Denver, CO, United StatesDescription: The Mile High 5 is a 5 mile, 5K, and 5000ft race benefiting Centnnial.
More details: http://centennial.dpsk12.org/mile-high-5-2014/