Letter From The Principal
Welcome to Centennial - A School for Expeditionary Learning!
I am very excited to share with you all the amazing things we have in store for Centennial this year, and for many years to come.
Expeditionary Learning is a researched based technique, proven to support active engagement of students with one another and the world around them. Many schools across the U.S. implementing this model are outperforming their districts and states—despite, in some cases, having poverty levels around 90%. The EL model nurtures critical thinking, employs inquiry and real-life problem solving, sets high social and academic expectations, encourages perseverance, and utilizes opportunities which support cooperation and trust. EL schools are exemplary, and are in high demand. Centennial is very proud to say that we are the first neighborhood school in DPS to implement the EL model!
Here are some of the other great things we have to support the achievement of all our students and make Centennial the best learning environment it can be.
• Centennial has five full-time Electives teachers: Art, Music, PE, Science and Spanish. Students in grades ECE-5 have access these elective programs.
• Centennial has partnered with Metro Volunteers to implement a School Service Program, a community volunteerism program.
• We continue to build school-wide structures to support students and teachers with our our Community Circles, Habits of Scholarship and “Students of the WoRLD.” Students of the WoRLD are ones who have Wonder, show Respect, act Responsibly, and demonstrate Leadership and Determination.
• Centennial offers before/after school programs to students in grades K-5 through a 21st Century Grant.
We are truly excited that you have chosen to become part of the Centennial community.
- Events on September 1, 2014
- No Classes Holiday
- Events on September 5, 2014
- 1st Friday Family LunchDescription: You are invited to come and have lunch with your student.
- Events on September 7, 2014
- 1st Sunday's For CentennialLocation: Local 46, 4586 Tennyson St, Denver, CO, United StatesDescription: EVERY 1ST SUNDAY IS “CENTENNIAL DAY” WE DONATE 20% OF OUR SALES TO CENTENNIAL PTA!
We play fun kids music as well as other activities including arts and crafts, face painting and water balloon tossing for the summer months and much more!!!.
You are welcome to pack a lunch or enjoy one of our delicious Rocky Mtn. Pizza CO pizzas, locally made Bavarian pretzels or pretzelwursts!
COME SUPPORT LOCAL SCHOOLS!
- Events on September 8, 2014
- CSC Meeting